Despite the former negative political and economic factors, foreign retailers were still interested in Russian market. Companies adapted to the turbulent market environment and enlarged their business in 2015 and 2016. Furthermore, about 40 new international retailers entered the Russian market last year.
- Russia is the leading country in Europe in terms of amount shoppig malls (>20.000.000 m2). 40% of them were built in Moscow region in 2016.
- Despite the economic factors and country risks 40 international retailers (as ASUS Republic of Gamers, Mafrat, Malo, Orient, Seiko, Tchibo, Wrangle etc) entered the Russian market in 2015
New Stores in Russia in 2016
- New retail chains prefered to open their first stores in the big shopping centres (40% of all new stores), and in the most popular shopping streets (20% of stores).
- 11 international retailers left the Russian market, also Stockmann, Camaieu, Lindex and Rockport.
- The following chains expressed the ambition to enter Russian market in near future: John Varvatos, Kidzania, Superdry, Tallinder, Victoria’s Secret Pink.
Entertainment services in the shopping malls is the one of the most trendy components to to attract new consumers. New entertainment concepts are coming. Unusual formats (farmers markets, dancing studios, art galleries, interactive theatres) are developing fast.
Our team is looking for the suppliers of retail products for it’s development in Russian market. Contact us.